Tuesday, October 16, 2012

And after the storm, a rainbow

It's reassuring to know that there are rainbows, little slivers of happiness after life rains all over you. Sometimes it's small meaningless things that simply make you smile and other times it is something more significant things. Yesterday was one of those rainbow days for me. My trucker got a good run to finish his week and is on schedule so knowing there's a good paycheck coming is a major stress relief! I was also very pleased to go up to the Lowes where we often see trucks parked and speak to a manager and secure permission for B to park when he's able to make it home. I had been calling all over and searching for somewhere to park the truck and being able to cross that off my list with more than a week to spare was a wonderful feeling.

Two days ago, a very special dog rejoined my family for good. Clue is a 9 year old border collie that my mum got as an older puppy and he lived with us for years. Over the course of his life, he did live with two others, but fate kept bringing him back. This time when I received a phone call, the answer was out of my mouth before the question was even fully asked. Clue was coming to live with me. I immediately called my trucker to confirm that he had no qualms over this, but he has never been one to deny me my pets. But I still felt the need to at least ask. At 9 years old, Clue is starting to show his age a bit. He's not particularly fond of going up and down stairs and I can hear his joints crackle a bit when he gets up and down. But his mind is as sharp as ever and in his usual fashion, last night learned a new trick in under ten minutes. I taught him to "go night night". I've been on cloud nine for the past couple days having him here. He's such a love and actually barks at the things that go bump in the night that make me anxious.


I guess some things are just meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment